Rolling Paper Tax
To be collected as stated in Louisiana R.S. 30:2740.25 in the following manner:
- Specifically for Washington Parish the tax is to be set at $1.25 per pack of papers sold. $.50 of every pack is to be distributed to the Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office for the continuation and development of the D.A.R.E. program. The remaining $.75 per pack is for Washington Parish Government’s General Fund.
- The collections for each month are to be remitted to WPG by the 10th of every month.
- The tax is collected from all businesses that sell cigarette papers regardless of being in or out of city limits.
- There is a monthly report form that is to be completed and sent in along with the check every month for the collections.
- Ordinance No. 51 levies and provides for collection of the tax.
Click here for Monthly Sales Report and submit with payment to Washington Parish Government