Rolling Paper Tax
To be collected as stated in Louisiana R.S. 30:2740.25 in the following manner:
- Specifically for Washington Parish the tax is to be set at $1.25 per pack of papers sold. $.50 of every pack is to be distributed to the Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office for the continuation and development of the D.A.R.E. program. The remaining $.75 per pack is for Washington Parish Government’s General Fund.
- The collections for each month are to be remitted to WPG by the 10th of every month.
- The tax is collected from all businesses that sell cigarette papers regardless of being in or out of city limits.
- There is a monthly report form that is to be completed and sent in along with the check every month for the collections.
- Ordinance No. 51 levies and provides for collection of the tax.
Click here to view Ordinance No. 51
Click here for Monthly Sales Report and submit with payment to Washington Parish Government