Washington Parish Government Ordinance # 53 requires anyone performing logging operations in Washington Parish, Louisiana to obtain a permit.
A permit is issued for each tract to be logged. Information needed to issue a logging permit is:
1) Contractors name, address and telephone number.
2) Land Owners name, address and telephone number.
3) Legal Description of the property being logged.
4) Approximate number of loads of Pine Sawtimber, Hardwood Sawtimber, Pine, Pulpwood and Other (poles, piling, chip & saw, etc.) and where they are being shipped.
5) Starting Date
6) Route to be Used (Contingent upon approval by Parish Personnel)
0-40 $ 50.00
Over100 $100.00 plus $ 1.00 per acre over 100
$1.00 per acre with a $100 minumum.
Penalty for not obtaining a permit or for non-compliance with this ordinance is:
$250.00 per day up to 7 days.
A Stop Work Order will be issued after 1 week of non-compliance.